ST. LOUIS, MO – Red Bull/KTM rider Ken Roczen keeps the battle for the AMA East Supercross Lites title alive after earning a 2nd place finish at the St. Louis Supercross.
His podium result marked his best finish of the 2012 season. Roczen rode great all day starting from the early afternoon practice sessions where he qualified 3rd fastest. Despite a poor start in his heat race, Roczen put his head down and charged hard throughout the remaining six laps to finish in 4th place just a bike length shy of 3rd.
In the main event Roczen broke his streak of bad starts and garnered a 2nd place start after the first corner. Roczen remained in 2nd position throughout the entire race holding off heavy pressure and advances from competitor Justin Bogle. Roczen definitely held his own and turned in his strongest showing of the season when he crossed the checkered flag in 2nd place.
“I struggled the whole week with a cold and I felt like I was riding tight but I still managed to get my best finish of the season and I’m really happy for that. I’m really looking forward to next weekend in Daytona when my dad, sister and little niece all come over to join me at the race,” stated Roczen after the event.
Next Round: Daytona, FL – March 10, 2012
Results Supercross Lites East St. Louis
1. Justin Barcia (USA), Honda, 12:58.097 min (15 laps)
2. Ken Roczen (D), KTM, +7.921 sec
3. Blake Wharton (USA), Suzuki, +15.188
4. Darryn Durham (USA), Kawasaki, +16.032
5. Justin Bogle (USA), Honda, +21.008
7. Malcolm Stewart (USA), KTM, +27.398
14. AJ Catanzaro (USA), KTM, 14 laps, +13.672
17. PJ Larsen (USA), KTM, 13 laps
Standings Supercross Lites East after 3 of 8 rounds
1. Barcia, 75 points
2. Roczen, 57
3. Durham, 56
4. Wharton, 56
5. Bogle, 43
9. Stewart, 29
11. Larsen, 26
13. Lance Vincent (USA), KTM, 21
18. Les Smith (USA), KTM, 12
19. Shane Sewell (USA), KTM, 11
20. Catanzaro, 7
27. Sean Hackley (USA), KTM, 3
Ken Roczen (D)
K-Roc on his KTM 250 SX-F with the best season finish