It's been a wild ride! As our staff is getting us caught up, we are beginning to return to normal operations. Here's some info on the situation we were dealing with, our current status and what we plan to do to improve service in the future.
1) WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE SHUTDOWN HIT? As every dealership in the country at least partially shut down, powersports customers were forced to turn to online suppliers like us. At the same time, we lost most of our staff due to stay-at-home orders in WV just as trucks arrived with huge stocking orders.
• Orders doubled
• Customer inquiries quadrupled
• We were limited to half of our usual staff
• Seasonal stocking orders arrived
2) CURRENT STATUS: CAUGHT UP! Our team has fought hard to get us here but there are still delays to consider throughout the industry.
• We have almost reached "Same-day-in, Same-day-out" status
• Work-at-home employees have returned
• 6 new (full-time) employees are in training and we're still interviewing new candidates
• Many suppliers are still up to a week behind including northeast warehouses.
• We're still utilizing 17 warehouses across the country to fill our orders
3) PLANS TO BETTER OUR SERVICES. The surge in demand has exposed the need for improvements to our systems and we are working hard to address them!
• We've hired new department managers
• Investment into new technology and hardware for quicker order fulfillment
• BraapBot AI for automated customer service support is in development!
• Relocation to a new, larger facility is imminent
• New website features coming soon
The AOMC is a dynamic company that continually improves our services for the past 20 years, through good times and bad, and we have no plans to let up now! We will survive! With the support of our amazing customers, we will continue to service the sport we love, the greatest sport in the world!
Thank you for your loyalty and support for our small business! We wish the best to you and your family. Please be safe during these trying times. We'll see you on down the trail!